|Minimum Experience Required (Yrs)|
|Average Age (Yrs)|
|Average Work Experience (Yrs)||4.7|
|Acceptance Rate (%)||23|
|Employed at three months (%)||90%|
|Female students (%)||35%|
|International students (%)||31%|
Essay 1: Professional Aspirations
(750 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
- Why pursue an MBA (or dual degree) at this point in your life?
- What actions have you taken to determine that Stern is the best fit for your MBA experience?
- What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation?
Essay 2: Personal Expression
Please describe yourself to your MBA classmates. You may use almost any method to convey your message (e.g. words, illustrations). Feel free to be creative.
Please note the following guidelines and restrictions:
- Your submission becomes the property of NYU Stern and cannot be returned for any reason.
- Written Submission: The essay should be 500 words maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font.
- Video/Audio Submission: If you submit a video or audio file, it should be five minutes maximum, and the file should be uploaded to a video/audio hosting website. You must include the URL, along with a brief description of the video/audio piece, in a Word or PDF document with your online application. Do not mail a USB or DVD to our office. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request an alternate essay if we are unable to view your submission.
- Physical Submission: If you submit a physical piece for this essay (e.g. artwork), you must include a Word or PDF document with a photo and a brief description of your submission with your online application and note the following:
- Do not submit anything perishable (e.g. food), or any item that has been worn (e.g. clothing).
- Mailed materials must be postmarked by the application deadline date. Please follow our mail and labeling instructions.
- Mailed packages are subject to the size restrictions below. Submissions that exceed the stated size restrictions will not be accepted for review by the Admissions Committee.
Essay 3. Additional Information (optional)
Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL or any other relevant information.
If you are a re-applicant from last year, please explain how your candidacy has improved since your last application.
Your recommenders will be asked to rate you on a number of professional abilities and qualities, as well as provide an answer to these four questions:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- How do the candidate's performance, potential, background, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.
- How would you describe the applicant's interpersonal skills?
Your recommenders may answer these questions in the recommendation form or by uploading a Word or PDF document.
- Round 1: 15-Oct-2017
- Round 2: 15-Jan-2018
- Round 3: 15-Mar-2018