|Minimum Experience Required (Yrs)|
|Average Age (Yrs)||28|
|Average Work Experience (Yrs)||5|
|Acceptance Rate (%)||7|
|Employed at three months (%)||87%|
|Female students (%)||41%|
|International students (%)||40%|
If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why? (250 words maximum)
Your song can be in any language, from any culture, and does not need to contain lyrics. The strongest responses will focus on answering why this song expresses who you are.
Please respond to one of the following prompts: (250 words maximum)
- Describe an experience that has fundamentally changed the way you see the world and how it transformed you.
- Describe a time when you were challenged by perspectives different from your own and how you responded.
- Describe a difficult decision you have made and why it was challenging.
In your response, clearly indicate to which prompt (1, 2, or 3) you are responding. We do not have a preference among the prompts and suggest that you select the one for which you can share a specific experience, professional or personal.
Tell us about your career plans. How have your past experiences prepared you to achieve these goals? How will Berkeley-Haas help you? (500 words maximum)
You are encouraged to reflect on what it is you want to do after business school, including the types of roles, responsibilities, and organizations that are of interest. Through this essay we hope to learn about your professional journey to date and how an MBA will facilitate your success - broadly defined - in the future.
- If you have not provided a letter of recommendation from your current supervisor, please explain. If not applicable, enter N/A.
- List, in order of importance, significant community and professional organizations and extracurricular activities in which you have been involved during or after university studies. Include the following information for each using the format below:
- Name of organization or activity
- Nature of organization or activity
- Size of organization
- Dates of involvement
- Offices held
- Average number of hours spent per month
- List full-time and part-time jobs held during undergraduate or graduate studies indicating the employer, job title, employment dates, location, and the number of hours worked per week for each position held prior to the completion of your degree.
- If you have ever been subject to academic discipline, placed on probation, suspended, or required to withdraw from any college or university, please explain. If not, please enter N/A (An affirmative response to this question does not automatically disqualify you from admission).
Use this essay to share information that is not presented elsewhere in the application, for example:
- Explanation of employment gaps or academic aberrations
- Quantitative abilities
- For re-applicants, improvements to your candidacy
Recommenders need to fill up an online recommendation form. Here are the salient points from the form
Note To Applicant
Please complete both the top and the waiver sections of this form even if you do not waive access. Deliver or mail this form to the person who will write your recommendation together with an unsealed envelope addressed to yourself. Ask your recommender to enclose the completed form, seal the envelope, sign across the seal, and mail the envelope back to you. You should then send the envelope with its seal unbroken to the MBA program with the rest of your application materials.
Note To Recommender
The above person is applying for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA program at the Haas School of Business. Thank you for agreeing to write a recommendation for the applicant. We encourage you to be completely candid and to provide specific examples wherever possible. It is helpful to the applicant if you answer the specific questions that we ask. Generic recommendations that do not address our questions typically do not strengthen an application. We greatly appreciate the time and effort that you are taking to provide us with your assessment of the applicant’s abilities. We prefer that the applicant gather all documents including the recommendations and submit a complete set of materials with the application. After completing this form, please enclose it in an envelope, seal the envelope, and sign across the seal. Your signature across the sealed flap of the envelope ensures the confidentiality of your assessment. Return the envelope to the applicant who will submit it to us unopened with the remaining application materials. Again our preference is to receive all application materials in one package from the applicant; however, if you wish to send your letter directly to the school, we will certainly accept it.
Please write an assessment of the applicant that addresses the prompts below. We are looking for your candid and accurate assessment of the applicant’s potential to be a successful leader and what specific traits the applicant possesses that evidence this potential. Please be as specific as possible and use concrete examples where applicable. Do not incorporate anything drafted by the candidate in your recommendation or have the candidate submit the recommendation on your behalf. • How does the candidate’s performance compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. • Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. • In the Berkeley MBA program, we develop leaders who embody our distinctive culture’s four key principles [www.haas.berkeley. edu/strategicplan/culture] one of which is “confidence without attitude” or “confidence with humility.” Please comment on how the applicant reflects this Berkeley-Haas value. • (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?
- Round 1: 29-Sep-2016
- Round 2: 05-Jan-2017
- Round 3: 06-Apr-2017